The Kelowna Medical Society has been a non-profit organization for physicians, medical students and their families for over one hundred years. Our mandate is to bring this group together for social, cultural, and educational opportunities to strengthen and unite the medical community. Membership in the KMS is provided to all doctors, residents and medical students who provide a Current Email Address.
We have been involved in many educational and social events such as the following:
- The Women’s Health Weekend and Art Show at the Delta Grand. Great speakers covering pertinent topics and amazing artwork from the medical community. Art Sale proceeds went to support volunteer overseas surgical missions in Paraguay
- Alaska cruise with a men’s health medical education event
- Co-sponsoring half-day financial and medical education events such as “If I had $1 million dollars”
- The annual Buddy Doobay golf tournament
- Renovation of the Roger Ball Physician lounge at Kelowna General Hospital
- The Chinese New Year’s Eve Gala, Halloween Parties
- The KMS YAP Easter Egg Hunt
- Financial support for “welcome events” for the first year medical students
And the Annual Santa Brunch at the Harvest Golf Club coming up on Sunday, November 24, 2019.
SAVE THE DATE
These events happen through the volunteer efforts of our KMS executive members comprised of both physicians and their family members. The executive meets 3 to 4 times a year to plan events. We welcome all interested physicians (regardless of specialty) and their families to participate. It’s a great way to become involved with Kelowna community groups and give back to the area.
Please check off the volunteer box if you can volunteer some time as the KMS cannot run without faithful volunteers. We rely on members and their families for advice and planning of any future events.
While we no longer have membership dues, a monetary gift will ensure that we can continue to offer these social, cultural, and educational opportunities to the medical community.
Keep the KMS alive
|Dr. Bernie Lewke
|Dr. Roberto Leon
|KMS, El Presidente
|KMS, Secretary & Treasurer
Suggested donation: $100 per Physician (second practicing Physician in family also pays $100)
Donations are payable by online, or by cash or cheque (payable to Kelowna Medical Society) to be dropped in the KMS box located just outside the Doctor’s Lounge at:
Kelowna General Hospital
2268 Pandosy Street
Kelowna, B.C., V1Y 1T2
Receipts will be supplied.
The KMS membership year runs October to September.
To make a donation online, visit our Members Dues page.